Frac tanks have gotten most of their press coverage in the oil and gas industry, since these tanks are commonly used to hold the liquids used for fracking. But did you know frac tanks can be used for more than just fracking?
That’s right! Frac tanks, also known as fixed axle storage tanks, are used extensively across many other industries for municipal storage, pipeline containments, construction solutions, environmental remediation, municipal, shipyards, and airports for liquid storage and containment.
1. Oil and gas. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, hydraulic fracking alone produced almost 60 percent of the natural gas in 2017 compared to only 5 percent just 17 years ago. The United States alone has increased natural gas production by 30 billion cu. ft. per day in last 15 years.
Frac tanks with quarter inch corrugated walls provide effective storage for materials used in fracking such as sand, water, and chemicals additives. Each well requires anywhere between 500 to 100,000 cu. mtr. of water depending upon target rock characteristics, the number of fracking stages, and the horizontal well length.
Adler Tank Rentals provides 21,000-gallon closed-top tanks and 18,000-gallon open-top weir tanks for fluid management, mud/water separation, and on-site crude oil storage perfect for any fracking job. Learn more about the full specifications of frac tanks used in oil and gas on Adler’s solution page.
2. Municipal storage. Frac tanks are multifunctional municipal solutions for on-site water storage or dewatering. They can be used along with pumps, filters and vacuum boxes. Each tank holds up to 18,000 gallons of water, making them excess water storage options for overflows at wastewater treatment plants or chemical water treatments, like a septic backup, for blending and delivery of slurry products, as stormwater storage, and for treatment of run-off at construction sites. Read more about tanks and liquid storage for municipal use.
3. Pipeline industry. Frac tanks, including 8,400-gallon closed-top mini tanks, 18,000-gallon open-top weir tanks, and 21,000-gallon closed-top tanks, are industry standard pipeline solutions for directional drilling, hydrostatic pipe testing, water management systems, flow back fluid management, temporary tank farms, settlement tanks, pressure tests, and line flushing. Learn more about pipeline solutions.
4. Construction solutions. 21,000 gallon or 500 BBL multipurpose frac tanks are frequently used in construction projects. They save money and time for projects that need dewatering, groundwater management, stormwater management, polymer or bentonite slurry storage, and environmental remediation. Check out the complete list of storage tanks for the construction industry.
5. Environmental remediation. Frac tanks help users comply with environmental compliance requirements by storing hazardous waste for disposal. Frac tanks for environmental remediation come in variants of 21,000 gallon closed top, 18,000 gallon open top weir tanks, 8,400 gallon closed top mini tank, and 25-yard roll-off box. Frac tanks also help prevent pollution caused by pollutants mixing into runoff stormwater. Read more about frac tanks for environmental remediation.
6. Airport solutions. Airports have highly specialized 100 percent self-containment requirements. Tanks at airports are needed to store aviation fuel, Type I and Type IV de-icing fluids used on runways in extreme winters (storage and reclamation), groundwater remediation, stormwater management, and more. The amount of de-icing fluid required for a large commercial aircraft is anywhere between 500 - 1000 US gallons of diluted fluid. Read more about our storage tank solutions for airports.
7. Shipyard solutions. The shipping industry needs tanks for storing extra fuel, fuel backup during ship tank cleanings, and gray water and fresh water storage. The 21,000 gallon open top and 8,400 closed top mini tank come with an epoxy coating on the inside to prevent contamination in small confined spaces. Double walls ensure environmental protection against accidental leaks. Read more about frac tanks in shipyard industry.
8. Refinery solutions. Containment solutions for refineries can help with long-term and short-term liquid storage of spent caustics, acids, and other solutions for refinery maintenance, filtration, and pipe leak containment. See the full list of tanks and containers for refineries.
9. Fertilizer and manure storage. Frac tanks come in handy when farmers need to store liquid nitrogen or other fertilizers in bulk. Adler frac tanks are generally more affordable than vertical fiberglass tanks commonly used to store fertilizers. Our tanks can even be fitted with a drag hose to allow for easy and quick manure application.
10. Chemicals plants solutions – Double wall frac tanks safely store hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals such as ethanol, fuel oil, and diesel in environmentally sensitive areas. Our double wall frac tanks come with fitted spill guards and spill containment berms to provide additional protection against accidental leaks.
When your business needs frac tanks or other secure liquid containment solutions quickly, you need a strategic partner with experience. Adler Tank Rentals sets itself apart by providing 24/7 service and fast turnaround time to deliver the industry’s toughest frac tanks for sale or rent.
Our tanks are regularly inspected by technicians to meet stringent industry standards. Request a quote today, tell us about your project, and our experts will respond to you right away.